Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Night We

We were in the same apartment, the same room , the same consciousness, but we were not on the same bed. We sat opposite one another and talked about similarities. We both spoke of the future, and what lies just past the horizon. I was excited because I was graduating. The excitement wasn't because I was done with school, but because I was free again. She spoke of School to come, experiences she couldn't wait to turn into memories. We both spoke of the past, relationships that didn't end when they should have, mistakes we made, mistakes we fixed, and high school. We stayed away from the present, knowing that neither of us wanted to confont that ugly beast. And Then, it was quiet. usually the quiet is disturbing because I'm afraid of my thoughts. But our quiet was perfect. It was the last piece to the puzzle; together we finally put that peice were it belonged and created something neither of us will forget.

Last night was a good night, but i cant happen but think about the reprucussions of my words and actions. Does she think I'm crazy, or does she finally know?

No comments: